Meet Your Kingston Orthodontist
Dr. Mansour is a bold innovator with high standards. He has a natural gift for predicting how things are going to develop, resulting in designing treatment plans for patients that get unrivaled results. A relentless learner with an affinity for cutting edge methods makes him the most advanced orthodontic provider in the Hudson Valley. He is one of the only Elite Providers of Invisalign in the area and now the mastermind behind Sunshine Smiles Aligners’ produced in his in house lab.
Doc is a family man. He deeply understands how parents want what’s best when it comes to their child’s health and self-confidence. He is forever working with working families to ensure a path to getting what they really want for their kids. Dr. Mansour has been named as a Favorite Doctor by Hudson Valley Parent for many years running.
Dr. Adriana Parra’s passion is to create beautiful smiles, for which she obtained several awards in cosmetic dentistry; she also has broad experience in treating medically complex patients and patients with developmental disabilities. Dr. Parra is a gentle and caring provider, very approachable and always trying to connect with her patients.
Aside from a strong career in dentistry, Dr. Parra loves outdoor sports and advocates for an active lifestyle. Along with her husband Daniel, who has a physical disability, Dr. Parra is training to become a ski instructor. Their goal is to volunteer with adaptive sports programs and promote access to everybody.
Why an Orthodontist in Kingston?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. our doctors continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As orthodontists, they have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Kingston Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Kingston orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Kingston orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Sunshine Smiles is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Kingston area.