Adult Orthodontic Treatment
Orthodontics is not just for kids and teens. In fact, 1 in every 5 patients in orthodontic treatment is an adult.
You may have had orthodontic problems as a kid but were unable to correct them until now. Maybe you had treatment when you were younger but need further treatment due to relapse or limitations in your initial treatment.
What We Hear From Adults
- My bite feels off
- I have TMJ
- I have pain
- It’s hard to clean my crowded teeth
- I just hate my smile
- I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time
- I don’t like my gap
- I don’t like my smile in pictures
- I feel like I’m back to where I was when I was a teenager or worse
- I hate how this tooth sticks out
- I’m insecure about my snaggle tooth
Your reason for wanting to treat pain, dysfunction or how your smile looks is unique, but know you’re not alone and Sunshine Smiles understands and is committed to getting you that healthy, beautiful smile at any age. You deserve to be pain free, chew what you want and be able to keep your teeth healthy and clean. You deserve to feel amazing and love your beautiful smile.
Benefits of treatment
Adults can benefit from orthodontic treatment in many ways. These include:
- Align the teeth to create a more aesthetic and beautiful smile
- Correct relapse after previous orthodontic treatment due to lack of long-term retainer wear
- Improve the ability to brush and floss, especially for crowded or overlapping lower front teeth
- Create a better or more comfortable bite and ability to chew
- Address missing teeth
- Close spaces between the teeth
- Reduce excessive wear on the teeth due to grinding or poor bite
- Correction of discrepancy between the upper and lower jaws
Discreet treatment options
Many adults are concerned with the appearance of braces. Often, invisible braces like Sunshine Smiles Aligners or Invisalign can be used to treat adults. This technology involves clear removable aligners, fabricated through advanced 3D imaging to align the teeth. For more severe problems, we have the option of clear, ceramic brackets instead of metal.
Orthodontic treatment is no more uncomfortable for adults than children. Adults undergoing orthodontic treatment report the same level of soreness as children (although adults are more willing to tell us about the soreness).
Typically, the teeth are most uncomfortable 12-24 hours after an orthodontic adjustment. The discomfort normally disappears within 3 to 5 days. Modern appliances are smaller and more comfortable to wear. Modern techniques, with the new titanium technology, put less pressure on the teeth to cause discomfort, while moving the teeth more rapidly and efficiently. It also decreases the time required between adjustments to every 8-10 weeks. Treatment time, on average, is completed in 15-18 months.
How much does treatment cost?
The fee for adult orthodontic treatment is determined the same way as child or adolescent treatment. It is based on the severity of the problem, the complexity of the correction, the appliances used and the length of time to correct. You can find out more information about our fees and payment plans on our cost and finance page.
Book your free consultation today
Dr. Mansour has treated individuals in their 50’s, 60’s and even their 70’s. It is never too late to get the smile you’ve always wanted. Find out more about the benefits of orthodontic treatment and what it takes to achieve a bright and beautiful smile.